How can one sing well?

Though I am not a good singer AT ALL, I definitely do know some things about singing. I have seen singers, met singers, and thought about sharing all I know about singers.

Please note: I AM THE WORST SINGER YOU CAN EVER FIND.

1)Learn breath-control: You should know how to breathe slowly and softly. Learn to stop your breath. Hear different people singing. See when they stop to take a breath. See videos that teach you basics about how to control your breath while singing.

2)Check how much you can stretch your voice: See to what extent can you sing. If you are having difficulty in raising your voice further, that is your limit. So check how low can you sing too. This will be your limit. 

3)Try to sing with tracks: Try to sing along with backing tracks, or try to sing with the track of a song which has already been sung by a band, just without the vocals. This will determine your capability.

4)Keep your spine erect: This is one of the most important things to do. Singers have told me that if your spine is not erect you may run out of breath faster. So this is VERY VERY important.

5)Practice scales: Simple scales (eg- do-re-me-fa-so-la-te-do) do help. It may be unbelievable for you if I tell you this, but these scales are the basis of ALL songs you hear. So search the net and practice your scales.

6)Get an instructor: Get a teacher who will guide you properly. If the instructor is good, you will learn properly. Its very important. 

Thanks.

Guys I'm telling you again that I am not the best person to be telling you this, but I  honestly thought that this would give you a jump-start. Please forgive me if I am wrong anywhere. These are just the basics to singing. That's all I really know. So Be sharp, Be aware, And rock!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why it’s important to practice a boring instrument every day

The Beauty of Classics

Fitness and Guitar