Why acoustic for beginners? Why not electric?

Okay. So today somehow I have time..i mean right now..so I can post today too! Anyways..in this post, I will tell you which guitar is better and why. I hope my buddies (you) enjoy reading this post...and most of all..I hope this helps you. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, let me get something straight. Both the guitars are good in their own way...its just a matter of choice. Its something that has to be realised and this realisation will come as you keep learning guitar. 

                                            "Better for beginners"

MANY of our teachers and parents will say this-"for a beginner, get an acoustic". Aren't you tired of hearing that? But there is a reason to saying that. To understand the reason better, do the following:

Walk in to the place of music: By saying this I mean walk into a music store.
Take the different ones: By this I mean take one electric guitar and one acoustic.
Side placing: Place them next to each other
Try it: Try them one by one and then place them side by side again
Observe: Observe and feel the differences.

By doing this simple activity you can actually learn a lot. You will observe that the strings in the acoustic are louder and thicker and the body of the acoustic is fatter. By practicing on this type of a guitar as a beginner, your fingers will get conditioned. Its harder to press chords on an acoustic rather than electric. Thus electric will then be a piece of cake. 

1)If electric is easier we should do that first and then move on to the acoustic right?
-question asked by my friend: Anonymous

1)yes my friend, but if you do that then first thing, knowing your sir, he will kill you for not using his acoustic that he gave you. Another thing, if you practice on electric first you will never want to move to acoustic. Third: you move from electric to acoustic and your fingers will have to apply extra pressure, your fingers will hurt for probably a day. Better to stay safe.


2)Suppose we learn on acoustic then move to electric and want to go back to acoustic?
-question asked by my friend: Pratik

2)Pratik, when will you stop asking stupid questions? Learn to complete math homework for class first. Now for the answer: practicing on acoustic first will condition your fingers. Then you will move to electric. That time your fingers are already conditioned. Also, getting an electric does not mean completely stopping your acoustic, so better practice both equally. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay buddies, I guess thats all the questions I got. Thats because I have only two friends who practice guitar. The rest of them either play another instrument or don't play any instrument at all. But  buds, I hope this helped you. This is my 20th post on the blog and I have got a few comments but all from my friends. Guys, if any of you like my posts, please leave a comment saying you like it so that I can write more. You can post as anonymous in the comments and you don't have to log in. So please just tell me if you do. It takes only two minutes but will really help me a long way. Thankyou.
Here is the video explanation




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why it’s important to practice a boring instrument every day

The Beauty of Classics

Fitness and Guitar