How does your mind work: The Tougher Way Or The Easier Way?

 We all know that we have two types of guitars (mainly) in this world: The Electric Guitar and the Acoustic Guitar. Which one do you prefer playing?


I was at my guitar class a few months ago, and I asked one of the teachers of the music school (we are all friendly) which guitar he had. He told me he only had an acoustic. Yet he played the electric when he was teaching. That got me thinking.


I am personally the type of person who loves playing the acoustic guitar. At home, 98% of the time that I practice, I use the acoustic guitar. Why is that? I just prefer the acoustic guitar because it not only sounds (according to me) way better than the electric guitar, but also has thicker strings (10 gauge) which makes my fingers stronger. So the next time I play the electric, I'm like the incredible hulk! Amazing...


Jokes apart, the electric guitar is much easier to play. Not only are the strings thinner and more stretchable, but you get an amazing sound. In addition to that, you have so many effects! There's nothing wrong in practicing on the electric, but it's important for you to practice on the acoustic too, at least once in a week. That way, you can practice on the electric most of the time, but when you have to, you can also play the acoustic!


Before I continue, if you are a beginner, read this small paragraph. Many beginners tend to believe that the acoustic guitar is only to be used in the beginning, and once you are ready you use the electric. That is an incorrect belief. The acoustic and the electric have their own perks. You frankly don't need all those effects to make wonderful music. A true musician can make the most ordinary guitar sound good, remember that.


I use the electric to make my YouTube videos (check my videos here), but when I'm practicing I practice on acoustic. My own compositions (I haven't started putting them up on YouTube yet) are also on the acoustic, not electric. 



Coming to the point, which one are you? The acoustic guitar toughens your fingers up, so you can play on any guitar, anywhere, anytime. If you can stretch on the acoustic guitar properly, you know you are ready for any guitar. 
 

The electric, on the other hand, is much easier and is the guitar you usually go for when you want to shred or play really fast. Stretches, and everything possible can be played very smoothly on an electric. However, if you only use the electric, you may or may not be able to play the acoustic up to the mark.


Make a wise decision, don't be foolish. Thank you for taking out the time to read this post, have a nice day!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why it’s important to practice a boring instrument every day

The Beauty of Classics

Fitness and Guitar